Years of Experience
Important information if you are looking for a Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer:
In a DUI situation, you can be arrested on the scene and then transported to the Allegheny County Jail. However, if you consent to take a Breathalyzer test at the Police Station, or submit to a blood draw at a hospital, you will most likely be released from that location to a family member or friend who can take you home without going to jail. Aside from providing identification, avoid talking to the Police about what happened; anything you say to the Police will be used against you at trial. Also, if you were in an accident, do not tell your auto insurance company that you were drinking and driving. Insurance companies make reports, and these reports can be obtained by Police and the District Attorney.
The first thing you do is to talk to an experienced and knowledgeable DUI Defense Attorney. When I refer to an “experienced and knowledgeable” DUI Defense Attorney, I mean a lawyer who has actually defended DUI cases at trial. How do you find such a lawyer? First, you can read about a lawyer’s experience on his website under Case Histories. Do not be misled by on-line “paid Advertisements” for DUI lawyers who market themselves well; they may not have actual courtroom-tested trial experience. After you read about the lawyer’s experience, make an appointment to meet with the attorney for a paperwork review (specifically “Criminal Complaint” and “Affidavit of Probable Cause”), and to give your side of the story.
- You were with us every step of the way and helped reduce the fear that accompanies this type of legal situation. It meant a great deal that you were always available to answer our questions and provide direction.
- Thank you so very much, Joe. You are a life saver!
- I will certainly give out recommendations! You guys are awesome!
- I do not know what I would have done without their help and am very happy I decided to hire them for my case.
- Couldn’t have asked for more… Joe was an incredible help when I needed it the most.
- Attorney Paletta and his legal staff are so caring and understanding. 🙂 Thanks again Attorney Paletta!!